Admission information & School fees
The German School in Hurghada is an international school of encounter.
Native German speaking children as well as children of all other nationalities are welcome at our school. For kindergarten and the first year of preschool, German language skills are not required; for subsequent grades, admission for non-native German speaking children is decided on an individual basis.
How to register your child?
Step 1: Application
- To register your child/children at the school (primary or secondary), send us an email with the name, date of birth and nationality (passport) of the child and information about which grade and school type the child should go to, as well as copies of the report cards of the last two school years.
- School children can only be admitted at half term or after the summer vacations. In kindergarten and preschool, children can also be enrolled during the year.
- To register your child/children for kindergarten or preschool send an email with the information (name, date of birth) for your child. We will then shedule a personal meeting with you, your child and the respective school management. After that meeting you will get feedback from the school whether to send the documents for the registration (see “Step 4”).
Step 2: Admission Test
- You will receive a message from us whether your child will be invited to the admission test at DSH. The test takes place on site at the school. The children are tested in the subjects Math, German, English and Arabic. The cost of the test is 500 EGP, payable in cash on the day of the test.
Step 3: Admission interview
- After the admission test you will discuss the possibilities for your child personally with the school management.
Step 4: Registration after successful admission test
- If the admission test and the admission interview was positive, you can register your child/children.
- Important documents for the registration:
- Printed and fully completed application form (Download application form here)
- 6 passport photos
- Original birth certificate (remains at the school)
- Copy of the child’s passport
- Copy of the passports of both legal guardians (in case of dual citizenship, please use the passport that refers to the child’s nationality)
- Copy of the vaccination book (only for kindergarten and preschool children)
- Medical certificate (only for kindergarten)
Fees and Regulations for Payment for Term 2023/24
New registrations as of school year 2023/24
- Kindergarten: 30.000 EGP
- Pre school (KG1): 45.000 EGP
- Pre school (KG2): 60.000 EGP
- Primary school (1-4): 65.000 EGP
- Secondary I (5-9): 70.000 EGP
- Secondary I (10): 76.000 EGP
- Secondary II (11-12): 96.000 EGP
In addition to the all-day tuition, the amount includes:
- Breakfast and lunch incl. drinks
- Incl. German textbooks
- Accident insurance (Allianz)
- First aid care
From elementary school on, a deposit for textbooks of 100 EUR is required. Both amounts are to be paid in cash at the secretary’s office. Information on the cost of workbooks, uniforms, and supplies will be provided separately at the beginning of the school year.
The sibling discount for each additional child is 10%.
Payments Only in Egyptian Pound